COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENCE
For many pilots, the idea of taking the seat of a First Officer once seemed to be a distant dream. But they gave the passion a chance to become a reality. Delicate scent of prestigious occupation, crisp pilot uniform and limitless horizons ahead. You name more. One day you can also confidently walk through the airport hall towards your office in the aircraft.
One of the most efficient, adventurous, although quite challenging pathways towards the cockpit is obtaining a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL). Training required to get your CPL is a workable solution for some key reasons, including flexible scheme of studies and convenient payment schedules.
It is in your hands, to grow pilot wings and enjoy the perks of your professional life full of amazing destinations, new connections and impressive memories.
WHY IS IT WORTH CHOOSING CPL TRAINING?
Flexible structure of CPL training
The CPL program is based on a modular training system. It means that the entire program consists of separate stages. The great advantage is that you can eliminate the modules you have already done. For example, if you are a Private Pilot Licence (PPL) holder, you can skip this initial module in the CPL program and begin with another training stage. The final program plan is set in cooperation with our team.
With CPL training, you have enough flexibility to work or seek education in other fields at the same time.
Convenient payment scheme
CPL training is a wise choice in terms of payment. There is no need to cover the entire amount for the CPL course upon the start of training. Under individual agreements and conditions, you can arrange your payment schedule and do it in set instalments.
Additional 30+ flight hours
In case you are considering whether to pick CPL or Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) training, one of the features coming in support of CPL is the number of flight hours. CPL training contains 30+ flight hours to sharpen your practical skills.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH A CPL?
The CPL is your entry ticket to professional aviation. After you successfully complete all the CPL training modules, including ATPL theory, you become a holder of a commercial pilot licence with a so-called ‘frozen ATPL’. To ‘un-frozen’ the licence you will need to build a required number of flight hours and do the last steps towards the dream job.
If you fulfil all the conditions and meet the requirements, then you will be ready to proceed with final qualifications necessary to take up a First Officer’s position at an airline of your choice.
Theoretical part consists of 865 hours of CPL theory
- Air law
- Operating procedures
- Mass and balance
- Aircraft general knowledge
- Flight planning
- General navigation
- Radio navigation
- Human performance
- Principles of flight
- Aircraft operation manual
Flight training consists of 240 hours including Flight Navigation Procedure Trainer, single-engine and multi-engine aircraft.
- 188,5 hours – single-engine aircraft
- 16,5 hours – multi-engine aircraft
- 35 hours – FNPT II (Flight Navigation Procedure Trainer)
BAA Training fleet consists of 11 Cesna 172S, 11 Tecnam P2002JF and two Tecnam P2006T. Find out more about our fleet
- 23 exams (9 for a PPL part and 14 for an ATPL part)
You will be provided with all the material needed for your successful training at BAA Training.
- Vol.5 Radio Navigation e-book
- NM-2 ruler
- PP-1 protractor
- CB-3 knee board
- Vol. 1 Flying training e-book
- Tablet computer
- Tailor-made uniform
- Polo shirts for the flight season
- ATP(A) CBT (Bristol ATP theory software)
- Instructor fees
- Theory exams at the academy
- Aircraft fees
- Airport landing/parking fees
- Permit costs for airports
- VFR, NVFR, IR, MEP fees
- UPRT, PBN and Non-technical skill training
- Instructor fees
- Assessment procedure – 380 EUR
- Medical examination for the EASA Class 1 Medical certificate. Please note that it can be less expensive to have medical examination in Lithuania as a fee for there is from 296,60 EUR for men and from 308,78 EUR for women
- Living expenses and accommodation
- CAA exams (a fee for one exam at Lithuanian CAA is 30 EUR)
- Issue of a professional license at Lithuanian CAA – 166 EUR
* the specified prices may change depending on service provider price changes
Minimum entry requirements
To make a choice, even the smallest questions should be cleared. Feel absolutely free to reach us with your queries, we will do our best to provide you with all the answers. Make a confident start in aviation.