LOT Polish Airlines is known as one of the oldest operating airlines in the world. Along with over 90 years of experience, the airline also carries an impressive package of destinations all over the world. With one of the youngest fleet, the airline not only hosts 10 million of passengers yearly but also creates advantageous workplaces for over 700 pilots and for those who want to become pilots and build an extensive experience. Here are some more facts about LOT Polish Airlines destinations for you to know.
- LOT Polish Airlines is a flag carrier of Poland which started its operations in 1929 on 1st January with routes from Warsaw to Kraków, Poznań, Gdańsk , Lwów, Katowice, Bydgoszcz.
- On 16th April 1973 regular flights from Warsaw to New York have been established. It is important to note that today LOT Polish Airlines remains a connector of Western Europe and North America. In fact, it is the only one in the region to offer direct long-haul flights from Warsaw to New York, Newark, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Toronto.
- Playing an important role in connecting the world, in 1976 the airline introduced the first flights to the Far East – Dubai and Bombay. Today the airline is also proud of their long-haul flights from Warsaw to destinations such as Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Singapore, Delhi.
- In addition to more common destinations, LOT Polish airlines are proud of being able to offer their passengers a possibility to reach the most remote and exotic places in the world using their charter flights. The destinations include Punta Cana, Bankok, Phuket, Cancun, Puerto Plata, Zanzibar, Ho Chi Minh, Mauritius, Mombasa, Varadero.
- Today the airline counts 120 destinations worldwide. The main hub is at Warsaw Chopin Airport which is known for providing one of the shortest connecting time in Europe. With 40 airlines operating regularly the airport hosted over 18.8 million passengers in 2019.