While aviation community continues escalating the growing pilot demand, airlines continue their competition in a role of the employer, respectively, creating a “win win” situation for current and future pilots. Not only is a pilot a professional in demand, but also has an opportunity to choose the most attractive employer. This time we would like to introduce SmartLynx Airlines to you and the reasons to become their pilot.
SmartLynx is an EU airline specializing in wet and damp lease services of Airbus family fleet and providing full charter operations predominantly in the leisure market.
- Airbus family fleet: SmartLynx operates a fleet of 24 Airbus A320 aircraft.
- Prospective growth: In Q3 of 2019 the airline logged 27, 704 block hours with 9, 338 flights operated – increasing the flight number by 32% compared to the year 2018.
- Recognized employer: In 2019 Latvian Employers Confederation named SmartLynx Airlines as the best employer in the transportation sector.
- Safety oriented: In 2019 SmartLynx Airlines became the first airline in the Baltic States to integrate two separate service systems eTechLog8 and OASES systems in its operations, allowing faster access to data, reducing risk of human error, and saving time for SmartLynx crews and ground personnel.
- Team of professionals: More than 600 flight and cabin crew members work at SmartLynx, with pilots from more than 18 countries. The average Airbus A320 flying experience for captains is from 5, 300 up to 18, 000 block hours. For first officers the number is 1, 900 block hours.
- Strong partnerships: SmartLynx is a long-terms partner for ACMI services with such airlines as EasyJet, Condor, TUIfly, VietJet, Jetstar, Airmalta, Novair, Jet2.com.
- Open opportunity to join the airline: SmartLynx Cadet Program is currently available at BAA Training.