The airplane, since the early 1900’s, became the fastest way of travelling to every corner in the world. Its beautiful wings, enormous wheels, loudly engines make us to be surprised every time when we see it. Since the first airplane was manufactured it changed a lot: became faster, more comfortable, larger. But have you ever realized which airplane is the biggest in the world? Which one can carry the largest amount of passengers? Take a look at the Top 10 world’s largest airplanes!
10. The most powerful flying boat was produced in Germany by the Dornier’s company in 1929 and named Dornier Do X. Dornier designed this flying boat to carry 100 passengers on short distance flights or 66 passengers on long-distance flights. It was the heaviest aircraft in the world from 1929 until 1942!
9. Tupolev ANT-20 Maxim Gorky was a Soviet Union property designed by Andrei Tupolev. The aircraft is known as the largest and heaviest airplane made in 1930 which had the first flight on 19th May, 1934. The aircraft is famous by its 64.6 meter wingspan and eight engines. Look at the picture below and see yourself!
8. Boeing 747Large Cargo Freighter made its first flight in September 2006. It is a wide-body cargo aircraft which was designed to transport large fuselage sections and wings of the 787 Dreamliner. Do you imagine that it can carry more tote volume than any other cargo aircraft in the world?
7. The Boeing 747-8 is offered in two main variants: one is for passengers and the other is for cargo. The first flight for passengers was conducted on 20th March 2011. The airplane manufactured by Boeing Commercial is well known by its length which is more than 77meters.
6. The most popular aircraft till these days is Boeing-747 which was built in the United States. This airplane had its first flight in February 1969. Who wouldn’t love to get in and see its modern interior and spacious cabin which accommodates 524 passengers?
5. The heavy military aircraft named Antonov An-22 was made in Soviet Union. This airliner is designed by Antonov Design Bureau. The four turboprop engines make this airplane to be the largest and the most powerful aircraft till these days.
4. The Ukraine’s Antonov Design Bureau built another enormous size aircraft named Antonov An-124 and had the first flight in December 1982. This strategic airlift jet can provide more fuel efficiency and accommodate more than 467 passengers by one flight. Have you ever flown with it?
3. Airbus A340-600 was assembled at Touluse and had the first flight on 25 October 1991. The enormous size airliner is 75.30m length and is a twin by its design to Airbus A330. It was firstly flown by Lufthansa, South African, Liberia and Swiss International Airlines.
2. Double-deck jet airliner was built on 27th April 2005 and named Airbus A380. This aircraft is mechanized to carry 3000 suitcases and 525 passengers at the same time. The aircraft is known as the world’s largest passenger plane based on seat. What is more, the four engines and wide-body make Airbus A380 to fly for 140 000 hours. Amazing, right?
1. The Antonov An-225 Mriya is admitted to be the biggest airplane in the world. The Antonov Design Bureau did a big job to manufacture this giant aircraft in 1980. An -225 Mriya is made with utmost takeoff burden of 640 tones and powered by six turbofan engines. So, now you can see the reason why this hefty as well as lengthy airplane is on the first place in this Top 10.