The aviation industry is changing rapidly. Along with it comes a new era of comfortable travelling. People nowadays can enjoy salons with selected food, entertainment and wonderful service. The ones who can afford this are usually the wealthiest, the most powerful and influential people in the world. So what does it take to provide professional service to them? Here are the top 10 things you must know if you want to be a VIP flight attendant.
- First things first, you MUST love aviation and flying. You can’t be a VIP flight attendant if you have a lousy attitude towards work. Just imagine being impolite with the president of USA.
- You will have to dedicate most of your time to this job. Firstly, you are on call 24/7, so planning family meetings isn’t exactly a good idea. Also, you have duties outside the airplane, like having to search for that special bottle of wine the client ordered. Don’t be alert, of course you will have days off. Though, they are scheduled differently than in most jobs. For example, some airlines offer to work for a month and then have some time off.
- You have to be attentive, caring, and understanding not only to the passengers, but to the other crew members as well. Just don’t be overbearing.
- Be intellectual. Why? Because you are going to travel and maybe even make a conversation with royalty, presidents, superstars, successful entrepreneurs etc. They are the kind of people who will have read a book or two in their lives.
- Understand that firstly you are responsible for the safety of your passengers. This is the most important part of your job. Reassure safety and then provide other services.
- Talking about table setting: you will have to know where does the small fork go and how to fold the napkin correctly. What if you will be flying with the Queen of England one day? Think about it.
- Your looks are important too! We understand that most of us aren’t natural beauties, but taking care of yourself and looking representative is very important. Most airlines look at it very seriously.
- It’s often called the X – factor or the special something. It’s not what anyone can prepare you for. Maybe it’s your enthusiasm and shining eyes, maybe it’s your confidence and 5 – star background. It’s important to judge the situation right and hope that you have that special something to get the VIP job in the aviation market.
- It is also very important to be communicative, diplomatic, and flexible. Firstly, this is important to get along well with your crew, because you will be spending a lot of time with those people. Secondly, sometimes the rich, powerful, and famous are not well mannered and understanding. To avoid conflict, you will have to possess all of the characteristics mentioned above.
- Education! It’s very important. You can’t become the best VIP flight attendant on your own or with poor instructing. A special VIP cabin crew training is required. So choose your school carefully and keep in mind that the airlines in the Western world often require the top education.
So, we’ve run through the things you must know if you want to spike up your career as a VIP flight attendant. Be sure to memorize them and work hard to achieve your goals. And for those who would want to fly VIP, BAA Training is already providing a VIP Cabin Crew training course!