Although aviation community does not have an official anthem, pilots are honored by many artists creating inspiring songs. Baltic Aviation Academy is presenting you a list of songs, which is appropriate for every age, gender and musical taste for the pilots worldwide. Motivate yourself for a wonderful flight or just a casual day! Enjoy!
1. Learning to fly – Pink Floyd. An absolute favorite for many pilots for several decades. The song was originally created in 1987 and describes a song writer’s passion about flying and radical changes in personal life. Interesting fact: the writer of this song – David Gilmour is an experienced pilot and aviation enthusiast.
2. Fly away – Lenny Kravizt. One of the most successful songs of Lenny Kravizt. The song was recorded in 1998, but enchanting chords of this rock hit is recognized till today.
3. Paper Planes – M.I.A. The list wouldn‘t be fulfilling without a female’s touch. M.I.A.’s ‘Paper Planes‘ is an extremely catchy song that became often played in the end 2008. The song will brighten every moody day and fill you with joy and happiness.
4. Watching Airplanes – Gary Allan. This 2007 melancholic country song about fading love can touch a romantic side of a pilot. We all can relate to this felling, right? ‘Watching Airplanes‘ is perfect for a couple of minutes of sentimental thoughts and memories.
5. Aeroplane – Red Hot Chili Peppers. Despite its dark lyrical themes, ‘Aeroplanes‘ – is one of the most catchy and most recognizable songs on Red Hot Chili Pepper‘s album ‘One Hot Minute‘. A funky melody and child choral vocals will make every moody day a little brighter.
6. I Believe I Can Fly – R. Kelly. Clearly, our list wouldn‘t be complete without 1996 R&B singer R. Kelly‘s famous song ‘I believe I can fly‘. It has won three Grammy Awards, and was ranked No. 406 on Rolling Stone’s list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time in 2004. The song about personal growth and possibilities can motivate and inspire to pursue every pilot‘s dreams and to survive difficult periods.
7. Fly Me To The Moon – Frank Sinatra. A jazz legend Frank Sinatra also has some songs to offer for pilot community. ‘Fly Me to the Moon‘, originally titled ‘In Other Words‘ was written in the sixties by Bart Howard and has become a frequently recorded jazz standard often featured in popular culture. This song will relieve every stressful situation a pilot faces in the cockpit.
8. Jet Airliner – Steve Miller. During his musical career, Steve Miller has popularized many songs that pilot community can relate to. ‘Jet Airliner‘ is definitely one of them. The song was written and released for the first time by Paul Pena in 1973.
9. Learn To Fly – Foo Fighters. ‘Learn to Fly‘ was released on two different singles in the UK in 1999. It is one of the band’s most successful and recognized singles during the whole Foo Fighter’s musical journey. The music video for the song takes place on a commercial airliner, parodying the movie ‘Airplane!’. Hillarious!
10. Fly By Night – Rush. The song was released as a single in May 1975. ‘Fly by Night’ is the highest selling single to date, regularly seen on Top 10 radio spin charts in the category of Classic rock. The song‘s rhythmical beat can prepare pilots for a productive day.
Music can encourage, heal and enhance emotions. Hopefully, Baltic Aviation Academy’s list will fulfill your personal favorite musical list in order to make your career dreams come true!